SkyFox Ltd. is seeking the services of a Farm Manager to support its Aquaculture Farm Production in Dambai in the Oti Region. SkyFox Ltd. believes in a culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality,
productivity and standards and above all goal attainment.
Position: Farm Manager
The Farm Manager will supervise all activities on the farm including Fish and Crop production activities.
The Farm Manager role is summarized as:
Read More »
- Farm Manager will oversee the business operations of a farm by providing leadership and organization during the production process.
- Ensure that the production and distribution of produce or fish abides by all government and environmental regulations.
- Selecting and supervising workers, budget planning, organizing routine maintenance, keeping records and communicating with potential product buyers.
- Analyses and figures out marketing strategies, support the hiring and mentor the workers of the farm and also perform some of the farming duties where necessary
- Lease with Marketing Manager in getting a good market value for farm produce
- Keep records of planting and harvesting times and identify when a crop or fish is in demand.
- Coordinate and give workshops in agricultural marketing and its issues that will help in straightening out the problems that the staff is experiencing.
- Prepare and develop training modules.
- Generate a database that supports the Project Site in order for the farmers as well as the consumers to be well informed of the stocks that they have or are offering.
- Ensure logistics are available for effective work at the project site.
- Have knowledge about the latest market conditions have good contacts with buyers and suppliers.
- Have/make sure the harvest is well stored and arrange for buyers
- Keep record of farm inventories, equipment and ensure its proper maintenance.
- Prepare quarterly and yearly production budget and reports
- Contracts with farmers or independent owners for raising of crops or for management of crop production.
- Directs and coordinates worker activities, such as nursing seedling, transplanting, irrigation, nutrient application, fish and crop grading and harvesting
- Analyzes soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
- Inspects fields and production system to determine maturity dates of crops and fish or to estimate potential crop damage from weather.
- Ensure efficient water management on the farm
- Monitor the health of the fish and frequently update the Aquaculture Hatchery and Production Manager
- Having good organizational skills to distribute work to employees and maintaining timetables.
- Perform any other duties assigned
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree Agriculture (Crop and Fish farm) or any other related field
- Professional experience of not less than three years
- Knowledge crop production and fish production
- Applicants should note that the job location is Dambai in the Oti Region
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment is conducive for people with disabilities and those who are not. The Farm Manager is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel.
Duration: The period of work for the Farm Manager will be for an initial one-year renewable based on performance.
How to Apply
Anyone who is qualified for the position can please send His/her Curriculum Vitae to the email address below:
email@example.com. The deadline for application submission is 9th June 2019. Please note that, only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.