PROCUREMENT & LOGISTICS OFFICER WANTED
SkyFox Ltd is seeking the services of Procurement and Logistics Officer to strengthen its Finance and Administration Department. SkyFox Ltd believes in a culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards and above all goal attainment. The Officer will work under the Finance and Administration Department in all its procurement processes, transport and logistics management and all other related issues.
Position: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Position Activities Description: The Procurement and logistics Officer will be responsible for evaluating suppliers offer negotiating costs and ensuring that approved purchases are cost-efficient and of affordable for the company.
Job Description Summary
The Procurement and Logistics Officer role is summarized as:
- Storage of all procurement documents;
- Leading all office procurement processes;
- Leading all tender procurement processes
- Overseeing and supervising all activities of the purchasing department.
- Preparing and planning for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses and reports
- Support with preparation of payment vouchers, and follow-up on various retirements of expenses made.
- Other relevant activities
- Research most effective travel options for staff
- Coordinate booking and purchasing of tickets
- Check all goods ordered to ensure completeness and satisfactory quality before payment
- Ensure all company items procured are used for the intended purpose
- Develop and manage database of all company assets
- Ensure all company assets are adequately labelled
- Undertake physical checks on company assets in different locations, including country Offices
- Propose a disposition plan for non-serviceable assets
- Prepare and monitor servicing schedules of all vehicles and motor bikes
- Receive and schedule transport requests by various staff
- Facilitate training of newly recruited drivers and exiting drivers
- Ensure logbooks are duly completed by all drivers
- Prepare monthly reports on all vehicles including summaries of:
- Total Mileage/km
- Total fuel used and number of litres/km
- Total oil consumed and number of litres/km
- Total number of servicing and cost of servicing
- Total cost of repairs
- Distance covered by each tyre, ect.
- Any other duties assigned
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree/Higher National Diploma in Procurement and Logistics, Purchasing and Supply, Accounting or any other related qualification
- Professional qualification in Procurement and Logistics will be an advantage
- High knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work in a multicultural company
- Ability to work in a team
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment is conducive for people with disabilities and those who are not. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities perform their essential functions.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for a Procurement and Logistics officer to successfully perform the essential functions of Finance, Accounting and procurement. While performing the responsibilities, the procurement and Logistics officer is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Duration: The period of work for the Procurement and Logistics Officer will be one year starting from 1st November 2019.
How to Apply
Anyone who is qualified for the position can please send your CV and copy of work certificates to this email address email@example.com.
The deadline for the application submission is 17th October 2019. Please note that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.
Store Keeper Wanted
SkyFox Ltd is seeking the services of Store Keeper to support its ongoing GAMA Household Toilet Project. SkyFox Ltd. believes in a culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards and above all, goal attainment. The Store Keeper will manage, supervise, or perform a variety of tasks in ordering, receiving, storing, accounting for, distributing, and issuing materials and supplies; and also perform other related duties as required of the project
Position: Store Keeper
Position Description: Store Keeper for the GAMA Household Toilet Project.
The Store Keeper’s role is summarized as:
- Oversees a specialized materials supply operation and manages stock levels and inventory status
- Keeps and Maintains records of standard inventory and receives orders
- Reviews stock/inventory reports and uses specialized knowledge of goods to estimate needs and order appropriate quantities of standard and special-order items
- Recommends and implements additions or deletions to standard stock items.
- Confers with vendors to ascertain the most beneficial terms and prices for blanket and special orders.
- Prepares necessary forms or documentation for inventory records.
- Receives equipment, materials, or supplies ordered verifying against specifications on requisition or other documents.
- Counts inventory periodically and reconciles with records and/or inventory tickets; performs annual inventory count and reconciliation; reports to auditors or designated departments; researches and resolves discrepancies.
- Stores materials, supplies, equipment, etc. according to weight, temperature, size, safety precautions or other concerns.
- Advises users/customers regarding stock items or supplies suitable for needs using knowledge of and experience with goods or materials.
- Resolves problems or complaints presented by staff and users
- Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organizational standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Key skills for Store Keeper
- Ability to order stock requiring limited supervision
- Experience and knowledge in specific materials handled
- knowledge and experience in handling the goods or materials; documents for inventory and billing purposes.
- Knowledge of basic buying and purchasing practices.
- Knowledge of inventory principles and practices.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
- Skill in appropriate use of goods and materials in storeroom
- Report Writing Skills
- Computer Literacy
Education and Experience
- Applicants should have a minimum of a Higher National Diploma in Purchasing and Supply, Procurement or Administration
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment is conducive for both Ghanaians and Foreigners. The Office is also conducive for people with disabilities to perform their essential functions effectively. While performing responsibilities, he / she is required to talk, hear and easily move from one project site to another. The Store Keeper is required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Duration and Location
The period of work for the Store Keeper position will be for an initial one-year renewable upon satisfactory performance. The Store Keeper should reside in or around the Teshie-Nungua Area, in the Greater Accra Region of Ghana. He / She must be willing to work extra hours and on weekend’s if the need be.
How to Apply
Anyone who is qualified for the position can send his/her CV to the following email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for application submission is 4th October 2019. Please note that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.